Swim for a Mile Events will take place Nationwide in 2017. Check out the Pool List section of the website for a full list of participating pools. We will also have six flagship pools running the event on the dates listed below.
- Tuesday 21st March 2017 – UL Sport, Limerick
- Wednesday 22nd March 2017 – Kingfisher, NUI Galway
- Thursday 23rd March 2017 – Olympia LC, Belfast
- Saturday 25th March 2017 – NAC, Dublin
- Monday 27th March 2017 – Leisureworld, Bishopstown, Cork
- Friday 31st March 2017 – The Watershed, Kilkenny
The time of the events will vary at each pool each evening and will be broken into 1 hour time slots. You will be asked to select a time slot on registration.
The Swim a Mile Challenge is open to those aged 12 and over only.
Participants will have gained the skill and ability to use the activity as part of a balanced lifestyle and to complete personal goals like swimming a mile.
A mile calculated in metres is 1,609m. Our “Swim for a Mile Challenge” will be 1,600 metres. Alternatively we offer an 800m programme if the Mile is that bit too far for you.
Depending on the pool length:
- 50m Pool – 32 lengths
- 25m pool – 64 lengths