It has been a long wait, but the sweet smell of chlorine is almost upon us!
Swim For a Mile, like many other sporting challenges has been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. However, pools are on the cusp of re-opening and Ireland have experienced a newly found love for swimming outdoors! We have a couple options for our milers who are itching to get back in that pool!
Firstly, we should mention that the Open Water Challenge will no longer be available via Swim For a Mile, but fear not! Swim Ireland have plenty of Open Water Programmes running this summer to satisfy your needs!
If that’s what you’re after, subscribe to the Open Water Mailing List, by clicking here and stay updated on Swim Ireland’s upcoming programmes this summer!
Swim For a Mile offers the following options this summer:
- SFAM Outdoor Pool Challenge (heated outdoor pools only): 8-10 weeks of coached training starting June 16th, culminating in a timed event in August.
- SFAM Individual Challenge: Available from June 7th, as pools re-open for individual training – use this challenge to get your swimming mojo back! Set your “Goal Completion Date” via your SFAM Dashboard and follow the programme in your own time, at your local swimming pool. Once you complete your swim, mark the challenge as complete on your dashboard, confirm your postal address and receive your event goodie bag in the post!
Outdoor Pool Challenge Facilities
- Bagenalstown Outdoor Pool, Carlow – Starting end of June
- Ballina Riverside Pool, Tipperary – Starting week of June 14th
- Ballinakill Outdoor Pool, Laois – Starting Wednesday June 16th
- Bunclody Outdoor Pool, Wexford – Starting Wednesday June 16th
- Castlerea Outdoor Pool, Roscommon – Starting end of June
- Charlestown Aqua Centre, Mayo – Starting end of June
Bookings for the Individual and Outdoor Pool Challenge will open the week of June 7th.
Keep an eye on your emails for updates!
Introducing the Official Charity Partner of the Swim For a Mile Challenge;
The Children’s Health Foundation!
The Children’s Health Foundation is the new name for the Temple Street Foundation and CMRF Crumlin. Every SFAM entrant will automatically donate to the Children’s Health Foundation, but you can continue your fundraising efforts by sharing our JustGiving Page (click here).
Money raised will help to fund life saving equipment, essential patient and parental supports and aid in ground-breaking paediatric research. Let’s swim miracle miles for the Children’s Health Foundation!